As part of MHI’s commitment to education, this series offers the perspectives of supply chain leaders and academics about the future of the industry. It also interviews current students who are preparing to enter the supply chain, profiling their job search process and the opportunities available to them.
“In season two, we dive into such topics as electric vehicles and robotics and automation,” said John Paxton, CEO of MHI. “While these technologies will revolutionize the supply chain, the people who utilize these systems are another important part of the “Jobs of Tomorrow” story. These episodes show their critical role in steering innovation forward.”
Below are the episodes that can now be watched on MHIview:
- From Data to Delivery: Optimizing Supply Chain Performance: Data is omnipresent. It’s the most crucial thing to keep businesses functional. But what makes it so important and how is it utilized?
- From Newbies to Ninjas: Gamifying Workforce for Future-proof Supply Chains: ?The supply chain industry is leveling up its workforce by recruiting natural talents from the younger generation to create a future-proofed team!
- Sustain-Able: Scopes 1, 2 and 3 in the Supply Chain: Carbon emissions pose a threat to the world. The supply chain is ready to tackle it head-on and provide sustainable practices that ensure the world is a healthier place for all.
- The Final Stretch: Optimizing the Last Mile: The hardest part of the delivery process is the last mile. The supply chain industry is continuously implementing solutions to get packages from the warehouse to the customer.
- Integrated Nexus: The Glocal Supply Chains: An integrated s upply chain can result in disruptions from various factors such as natural disasters, transportation failures, labor strikes, geopolitical conflicts, or a single supplier/manufacturing failure.
- Creating a Culture of Innovation: By allowing employees to experiment and try new things, companies create an environment that helps to create the jobs of tomorrow.
- Back to the Future of Robotics and Automation: Over the years, technology has become so advanced that we’re seeing monumental shifts in the supply chain industry, especially with the rise of automation and robots.
- Charging Forward: Electric Vehicles for the Supply Chain: This episode explores electric vehicles in supply chains and the improvements organizations continue to make.
- From Ordinary to Extraordinary: Building Intelligent Supply Chains: AI technologies like Machine Learning and Computer Vision can automate processes and provide rich data sets to help companies make well-informed decisions to boost efficiency.
- Put A Lock On It: Cybersecurity and the Supply Chain: Discover just how important cybersecurity is to the supply chain and the steps they need to take to avoid these attacks.
- The Individuals Behind Efficient Supply Chains: New technologies, changing demographics and new ways of thinking are impacting the work we do and how we do it. The “Jobs of Tomorrow” docuseries highlights different jobs across industries, examining how they have changed and will continue to change.
- What’s in the Box? Sustainability and Packaging: The world is becoming a more sustainable place, and many industries, like the supply chain, are pushing their efforts to go green and produce sustainable packaging methods.
Last November, MHI introduced the inaugural season of Jobs of Tomorrow. Those episodes, which highlight the impact of supply chain technologies on society and the global economy, can be viewed on MHIview and Amazon.